At Four Seasons Dental Spa, our holistic dentist in Las Vegas, NV has over 25 years of experience in the field. We work with patients to provide a less toxic, holistic alternative—not just to your dental health, but your entire body’s health.
By providing patients with mercury-free options for treatment, our team also works with other physicians to develop personalized, integrative care aimed at empowering patients to take an active role in their own health.
World-Renowned Holistic Dentist in Las Vegas NV
Holistic dentistry, (also called biological dentistry or functional medicine), is an approach to healthcare in which your doctor understands your oral health is interconnected to your overall wellness. This approach demands its practitioners take into account the impact of dental treatment to a patient’s overall health.
Why should you care about holistic dental care?
We have long known that mercury is a poisonous substance. However, because it occurs naturally, mercury is also ubiquitous, which means that it is literally everywhere—including the amalgam fillings that are used in dentistry practices around the world. Mercury is also considered to be one of the top ten chemicals of major public health concern by the World Health Organization and others.
Here’s what the World Health Organization has to say about mercury:
- Mercury can be found naturally in air, water, and soil.
- Getting exposed to even minute amounts of mercury can cause serious health issues.
- Mercury can negatively impact the health of children in utero.
- Research indicates that mercury has a negative impact on immune, digestive, and nervous system health in addition to harming the kidneys, skin, eyes, and lungs.
At Four Seasons Dental Spa, our holistic dentist in Las Vegas combines biological dentistry with the latest imaging and diagnosing technologies. We strive to provide our patients with dental care that uses only biocompatible and the least toxic restorative materials possible.
What sets a holistic dentist apart from a traditional dentist?
- Avoidance of amalgam and mercury fillings
- Ability to safely extract mercury fillings
- Knowledge and consideration of heavy metal issues
- Integrative care
- Use of nutrition and other preventative, non-toxic therapies
- TMJ therapy
- Treatment and diagnosis of cavitations
- Treatment and diagnosis of breathing or respiratory issues
We believe that true holistic care starts with knowledge—not just about the treatments and traumas your body is subjected to through traditional general dentistry, but also by employing avant-garde diagnostic exams, tools, and testings to design a treatment plan that promotes optimum health through integrative care. That’s also why holistic dentistry demands that your dentist works with some healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive, complementary care.
Work with a Truly Holistic Dentistry Practice
Although many dentists will call themselves holistic merely because they don’t use mercury, Four Seasons Dental Spa practices a better version of functional medicine. Connect with us to learn more about how our holistic dentistry team can work with you to improve the quality of your own dental and holistic health.